This JAB Solutions position is contracted to the our client at the Department of State. The Bureau of Intelligence and Research (INR) is a bureau of the Department of State and a member of the Intelligence Community (IC). INR serves as the Intelligence Mission Center for the Department of State and the Assistant Secretary serves as the Secretary of State’s Principal Intelligence Advisor and Head of an Intelligence Community Element. INR fulfills its operational mission through two core activities: All-Source intelligence analysis and support, and ensuring intelligence activities are consistent with Foreign Policy objectives by representing the Department of State in the IC.
The management, editorial review and publications operations, and web services plays a critical role in the effective and efficient support activities of one of INR’s core missions, conducted by the INR Analytic Support and Production Staff. This office ensures the timely review, processing, production, and dissemination of well over 1500 intelligence products a year. The Analytic Support and Production Staff also oversees INR tradecraft programs and compliance with IC analytic tradecraft development, standards and effectiveness, and coordinates INR intelligence integration activities in the IC.
· perform management, editorial review and publications operations, and web services in support of INR intelligence and research analytic production within the INR Analytic Support and Production Staff.
· advanced skill in editing, analysis and evaluation of information
· use of classified and unclassified data to produce graphics
· knowledge of software tools and website tools
· ability to access and identify data and knowledge of information dissemination tools and processes
· ability to communicate in writing and orally
· ability to work well with others and knowledge of the realm of foreign policy/international affairs.
· Reviews and edits finished intelligence products consisting of all-sources of intelligence information on political, social, economic, geographic, and military issues, events, and developments related to topics of special interest to the Secretary of State and other Department principals. This includes ensuring publications are properly classified, formatted, footnoted, and that graphics, maps, and pictures are properly laid out within the document. All this work will be done in accordance to State/INR provided guidance and guidelines.
· Tags and uploads current finished intelligence products and historical intelligence products to the Library of National Intelligence (LNI).
· Assists in the Management of the Bureau’s Electronic Production Program specifically its websites, including developing web home pages in coordination with other bureau offices and other agencies as well as ensuring the websites provide an up-to-date and comprehensive body of information to support the Bureau’s intelligence analysis initiatives and IC outreach.
· Serves a program representation/liaison role to include attending meetings of inter-agency IC boards, panels, or committees as the Department of State representative to establish and update policies for electronic publishing.
· Researches files to respond to requests from Congress and the Department of Justice, or requests under the Freedom of Information Act.
Personnel will be required to have a TOP SECRET/SCI clearance