B.S. / B.A. Degree is required.
At least 4 years of federal acquisition experience is required.
Must be able to work a normal 40 hour work week on-site during the core work hours of 9:00AM to 3:00PM. Some flexibility is available on core work hours.
Knowledge of the Federal acquisition process and applicable laws and regulations. (e.g. the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR))
Strong background in acquiring commercial supplies and/or services for the Federal Government.
Experience as an 1102 in the Federal Government is highly desirable.
Experience with major contract writing systems is highly desirable.
DAWIA /FAC-C and CFCM or CPCM certifications are highly desirable;
Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills. (Job entails supporting multiple purchasing actions in a fast-paced environment.)
Ability to work with minimal guidance and supervision.
Position will require interaction with procurement office management. Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively are necessary.
Ability to pass a federal background check for facility access is required.
• Full life cycle contract management (“cradle to grave”)
• Assist agency contracting office with drafting various contract documents including base contracts, modifications, and purchase orders.
• Working with and advising program managers on procurement policies, regulations, and procedures that result in cost savings for the Government.
• Maintaining a working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and agency supplemental regulations; following all applicable acquisition procedures.
• Communicating orally in order to brief all customers on proposed acquisition cycles award processes.
• Utilizing all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures while participating with a variety of Program Offices to ensure the acquisition plan, synopsis, procurement planning conference and justification and approval all include necessary information to facilitate a successful contract award.
• Communicating in writing, independently preparing pre and post business clearances for every acquisition in order to document the contract file.
• Acting as a business advisor and/or representative providing business advice to the program offices
• FPDS-NG and DATA Act experience