The Strategic Communications Team is growing its marketing, collateral, and thought leadership product suite and expanding community-building events (virtually, for the time being) to ensure the client message is effectively reaching our target audiences.
The Strategic Communications Analyst’s primary roles and responsibilities include administrative and substantive work in support of strategic messaging development, Congressional and DoD reporting requirements, writing marketing materials and press releases, copyediting, event planning and execution, website administration, and multimedia support. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented; have excellent writing, organizational, and time management skills; and experience publishing content for defense or technology audiences. Experience with A/V skills and event management is preferred.
- Collaborate with project teams to develop messaging and promotional materials about client prototype activities and transitioned commercial solutions
- Draft content in response to Congressional and DoD reporting requirements
- Proofread and copyedit written content including press releases, project/technology feature stories, thought leadership pieces, and personal interest stories for external publication
- Develop briefing materials including slide decks, talking points, and answers to FAQs
- Help develop and mature client strategic messaging relevant to target audiences in defense, policy, investment, and technology communities
- Website administration using a content management system
- Support email marketing efforts leveraging Salesforce and client’s email marketing software
- Support multimedia/video development
- Support event planning and execution
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, international affairs, journalism, marketing, or related field
- 1+ years of experience producing written content for the web and/or print design
- Experience writing for defense and/or technology audiences
- Comfortable working against tight deadlines and responding to hot taskers
- Experience with the Google Suite and content management systems
- Master’s degree in political science, international affairs, journalism, marketing, or related field
- Demonstrated interest or experience in public/external relations activities
- Experience developing briefing and/or marketing materials according to brand style guides
Employee will be remote until office opens under safe working conditions.